The domain lay between Loch Orbsen (Loch Corrib) and Loch Lurgan (Galway Bay) coextensive with the later barony of Moycullen, between the Delbhna Cuile Fabhair in Maigh Seola to the east in the later barony of Clare and the Conmaicne Mara to the west in the later barony of Ballynahinch and a sept of the Partraige an t-Sleibh in the later barony of Ross which was then known as Ui Oirbsen. The territory covers 145.1 km², 35,851.1 acres, or 56.0 mi2.
In the various annals, the MacConroys are always referred to as Ri (king) or Tighearna (Lord) of Tir Da Locha and were the dominant rulers of the territory as a whole. Their title as chief of their name was Mac Mheic Con Raoi (“son of the grandson of the hound of the battlefield”). His seat in Tir Da Locha may have been called Druim Leith. The sole notice that the 17th century “Four Masters” saw fit to taek from their original sources to include in their unified annals referred to the death of “Mac Mheic Conraoi, tighearna Delbhna Tir Da Locha” in 1142.
Their new home bordered Ballyconneely on the eponymous peninsula, home of the MacConneelys, eldest cadets of the O’Kealy kings of the Conmaicne Mara.
Some of the family established another settlement called Ballyconry in Thomond, now Co. Clare, in the territory called Boireann (now the barony of Burren), which was ruled by the O’Lochlainns formerly of the Corco Mruad.
Curran Loch, viewed from Lower Sky Road, Ballymaconry, Omey, Connemara